|LIND HARD WINTER WHEAT – 2005 WSU VARIETY TESTING DATA
- 2005 Hard Winter Wheat data from the WSU Variety Testing nursery at the Lind location (Dryland Research Station) averaged 42.8 bu/ac. The 2005 Hard Winter wheat average yields were comparable to the 3-year average yields at this location (41.2 bu/ac).
- Stripe rust was present in the hard winter wheat at the Lind location; however, infections were not as severe as noted in other locations such as the Horse Heaven or Connell locations. As in other locations, Hatton HRW wheat showed the most visible impact from stripe rust and it was also the lowest yielding variety at the Lind location.
- Heading dates averaged slightly earlier (3-days) than in 2004.
- Protein values averaged 13.3% for this nursery. Total nitrogen available measured in February 2005 showed 206# N for this nursery.
- Eltan is included in the nursery as a yield check variety.